Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Land Rover range rover sport: I have a 2007 Range Rover Sport

I have a 2007 Range Rover Sport I was told that i have to replace the central control box (CJB) is this something i can do myself are do i need to take it to land rover?

Hello, I'm Chris. Thanks for visiting Just Answer.

I am sorry to say but you can not do this repair at home. The CJB requires programming via the use of a scan tool during the part swap. The old configuration is downloaded then uploaded into the new CJB. The it is programmed and updated to the most recent level.

Glad I could help, and I am glad you choose us to help you. I wish I was able to provide the news you were looking for though.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Its making the back windows not work sometime so could I just take it out and clean it. I was told that maybe some water got to it.

Thanks for chiming back in.

Yes you can remove it and attempt to clean it but the results are more than likely going to unsuccessful. When you have a water intrusion concern form a leak, where as water has gotten into the CJB it causes electrical shorts on the circuit board, making operation or functions inoperable.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks. By the way do you have a diagram of how the remove?

Range rover has not yet released a removal diagram for this step to my repair site. It calls for 0.3 hours to replace it so it should only take 18 minutes of less to remove an install. Based on the image I believe there are only 2 screws, then the connectors to undo.

Hello again Chris here.

It has been a few days, so I am just checking in with you to see if you still need help, and if not to say Thanks.

If you have not yet rated my response or have not returned from an info request I sent out. Please do so now so I can help you resolve this concern. I want you to be happy with the service I am providing, so if we still need to work on this let me know.

If you have already rated my answer, then Thanks alot. If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.

Thanks Chris
.
.