Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

Infiniti G20: I have an 1999 infiniti G20. I replaced the neutral

I have an 1999 infiniti G20. I replaced the neutral safety switch and starter. I put everything back and now neither the power windows nor the heater/AC/Defrost unit work. When removing/installing the switch I had to remove the console and all the plastic all the way to the radio and climate unit? Any idea?

Also, I never removed any cables from the battery when removing/installing the switch?

All fuses are good?

Any idea?
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would ask to see if you still need help with this.

Have you checked to make sure everything was put back the way it was installed in the vehicle when going back together with this?

Have you checked for any fault codes in any computers on this vehicle?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes, I put everything back the same way. Also, tested all fuses. This is of no help whatsoever.
It is difficult to pinpoint for sure from here n exactly what has happened and caused this issue without seeing and testing the vehicle but from what you have described since this happened right after the switch was replaced and all of these components had to be disconnected/removed to replace this switch it sounds like either something may have been disconnected and not connected after words or connected improperly and caused this issue here.Just to be sure I would re check all connections that were disconnected and see if the fault is located.

If the connections are all o.k. it may be a control unit/computer that is still in its lower power state,try disconnecting the battery again for a few minutes then re connect it and see if everything operates properly from there,this will reset/re power the control units/computers in the vehicle.

If the fault is still present from there then the next step would be to have the fault codes checked in all computers in the vehicle with a scan tool that can communicate with all computers.This will aid and in some cases help in pinpointing the fault on your vehicle here.

I hope this info has helped,if you need anything else let me know before rating my help here,thanks Pete.