George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech 15+ yrs, AAS Automotive Technology, Factory trained Asian specialist
13574682

Jaguar XJ6: what color in the ground wire on a 1995 jaguar

what color is the ground wire on a 1995 jaguar xj6 oxygen sensor I have a replacement sensor with two white one black and one grey, the original has one white one black one red and one yellow

Hello I will help you with your question,

Are you seeing these wire colors on the vehicle side of the connector or the sensor side of the connector? The do not match the diagrams

Let me know what you see on the vehicle side of the connector and which sensor this is

Thanks

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

On the original sensor the wire colors are One white wire, one black wire one red wire and one yellow, but the replacement sensor the wire colors are 2 white for heat one black wire for the signal and one grey which is the ground wire, I am having a problem trying to determine on the original sensor whether the yellow wire is the ground if that is the case I am thinking that the red wire on the original is the other heating wire?

Are these colors on the vehicle side of the connector or the sensor side of the connector? I need the vehicle side of the connector and which position this sensor is in ie: drivers upper or passenger lower?

Thanks

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

If I understand your question the white black red and yellow wires are on the connector passenger side lower

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

George if you like I can be reached at XXX-XXX-XXXX

The only communication allowed is through this forum - sorry.

What I am saying it the sensor plugs into the vehicle harness and the colors you are posting do not agree with the wiring diagrams I have. The wiring should be blue/purple stripe or solid blue. You should be able to follow the sensor wiring along to the harness connector and see the wire colors change as you get on the vehicle side of the connector.

Let me know if you can see this color change and what the wire colors are

Thanks

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Ok I just when to the car I notice that there are two blue wires a green wire and I guess the other one is purple, and that is on the wire harness, but the wires on the sensor connection is the red white black and yellow,

OK, that is what I need!

The black goes to the green, the grey to the purple and the two blues to the whites. Does not matter which blue runs to which white.

Please let me know how I can help

Thanks

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thanks George I believe I can go out here now and splice the wire to the new oxygen sensor in the correct order, I will just have to follow the wires with the different colors to coordinate with hte info you provided, thanks again the next time it will definitely the direct fit

Glad to help, one note on the black signal wire you don't want to solder it. The sensor gets reference air through the wire so it needs to "breathe". N grease or anything that would seal the wire.

Please let me know how I can help

Thank you