sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

Infiniti FX35: my drivers seat will move back when I open the

my drivers seat will move back when I open the door but it will not move back into the driving position after I turn the key
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

It may have lost your memory setting, which can happen from a battery disconnect. The first thing you'll want to do is program a seat position setting and see if it starts to work again.

Turn the key on but don't start the engine, position your seat where you want it to return to. Press and release the memory set switch. Within five seconds, press and hold the switch again for at least a half second. After this you should see the light on the switch come on for five seconds, this is telling you it is programming the setting.

After this turn the key off, exit and lock the car. Then unlock it and open the door, get back in and see if the seat does return to the programmed position. If the seat does move back when you open the doors hopefully it has just lost it's memory of your set position.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

that did not work

Rating my performance with poor service negatively reports me to the site and prevents me from getting credit for helping you. If you need more help simply reply.

If that didn't help then you may have an issue with the memory module or seat track position sensor, some testing with a scan tool is going to need to be done to determine what is happening.