sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience

Ford courier LXT: HII have a 2006 ford courier ute. My issue

I have a 2006 ford courier ute. My issue is with the central locking I need to wave the key around in the air or point them at the tyres or stand there clicking the button for 2 minutes before the door locks open. The next time I go to unlock it will unlock first time. This happens with locking and unlocking. Please help
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

Your problem could be a couple things.

It could be the keyless entry receiver. A scan tool can be used to see if the truck is receiving a signal from the transmitter while the button is being pressed but it is not responding. If it's receiving a signal but nothing is happening then you know the problem is in the vehicle.

The other possibility, and the one that is more likely, is the transmitter is failing and either not sending a signal or sending a weak one while you are pressing the button. It should be tested at the time it is acting up to see if it is sending a signal and how strong the signal is if it's working. All dealers and many independent shops will have the tool to test the signal.