sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience

Ford Ranger 4x4: Hello,I have a 2008 Ford Ranger 4WD,I connected

Hello,I have a 2008 Ford Ranger 4WD,I connected a 'NO-LIMIT' Performance Chip,After doing so it would not start.I scanned it with a OBD2/EOBD Scanner and found it to have a fault with code number P0192-Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor 'A' Circuit Low.I re-connected it to standard and it fired up,with the only problem being the engine light was on but cancelled with the scanner.Is there a fault with the chip or is there a way or a code to cancel this problem.Any info would be much help.Cheers Terry
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

If the problem appeared when you did the wiring modification at the rail pressure sensor and then went away when you unplugged the chip then there are two possibilities.

One would be that the wiring connections were made incorrectly if any splicing had to be done. If the wrong wires were connected then it would have set the code and caused the no start.

The other possible cause would be an internal issue in the chip or it's wiring harness.

If you did have to splice wires then double check your connections and make sure the correct wires were spliced. If all you did was plug the unit into the sensor without having to do anything else then the problem is in the chip or it's wiring harness.