greasemonkey2386
greasemonkey2386, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certifications A1,A4,A5,and A7 10+ years professional hands-on experience
71578964

range rover classic: 1991 range rover while driving sputting

Customer Question

1991 range rover while driving sputting problem but when stopped runs fine?
Category: Car
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to Pearl/Just answer.com, Super mechanic here. I will do my best to help you with your question. If you need any more on it just let me know.

..

.Please Don't Forget, the deposit you placed to ask this question is not used to compensate me until you rate my service! Please remember that when you are asked to give a rating, you are rating My Service, and not this website itself or your vehicle.

.

.

If you need any more on it just let me know

About your vehicle.

.

..

You will want to check the fuel pressure to see if it is too low. Also that the filter is not restricting the flow of fuel.

..

Then, the exhaust may be a little bit restricted. You can have a back pressure test done on it at most exhaust shops to see if the cat is clogged.

.

.

If they are both ok, then you will want to take a sample of the fuel to be sure that it’s not contaminated.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

checked all that need a different try.

Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.
Ok, I didn't realize that. I will open the question back up. Please don't reply to this post because that will lock the question back to me. Thank you for your patience and sorry I wasn't much help. Someone should pick it up shortly, thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: Other.
tried the things sudjested
Expert:  Walt-mod replied 1 year ago.

I’m a moderator for this topic. It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
IM interested in An answer please help
Expert:  greasemonkey2386 replied 1 year ago.
hello, you said you checked your fuel pressure...what reading did you get?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

this was done at a shop it runs fine at park idling and reving . it seems to run ok on flat ground but studders going up hills. injectors have been checked

do you know if they tried cleaning the mass air meter? a dirty meter can cause misfires under load. how bad is the studder? will the truck still accelerate or hold speed going uphill?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The truck will not hold speed but at times it will. I don't think they checked the mas. Its a bucking rev cutout rev cutout.

i would suggest starting with the mass air meter
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have cleaned the mas and it didn't change a thing. I also removed the connector to the mas and the truck barely kept running, Any other advice it seems that I can't find a fix to my problem..

so when you unplugged the mass air there was a SIGNIFICANT change in the idle quality?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes there was, it almost stalled out.

What was the pressure reading for the fuel again?