Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.

Ford F 250: Ford F 250 4.2 litre Diesel 2001 Model. How do

Ford F 250 4.2 litre Diesel 2001 Model. How do you replace the cab air conditioning element?
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would ask to see if you still need help with this.

According to my info on this vehicle this vehicle does not have the cabin air filter like some other vehicles have.

If you have low air flow in the heater position it is possible your heater core external fins may be corroded or have debris built up on them or that the blower motor fan may have debris on it as well.

If you can access the blower motor I would remove it and see if anything is stuck inside this blower motor.If it is then it needs cleaned to correct this here.If the blower is o.k. the next step would be to try and access the heater core to see if it has debris on it and clean as needed.

I have also seen some fault with the heater box doors themselves that can bind/jam and cause lack of air flow so this would need to be checked into.

These are the most common components to cause this type of fault here on this vehicle and need checked into to locate and correct the fault.Let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks Pete

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

Let me know,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your help, we are still working on the problem.

We are not looking for any more information at this time, thanks very much.

Your welcome.Let us know if you need anything else in the future.

Thanks Pete