GearheadBrown
GearheadBrown, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  10 Years various auto repair and diagnosis. Nissan Specialist technician. ASE Master certified.
70092223

2005 Avalanche squel noise coming from vents when fan is on

2005 Avalanche squel noise coming from vents when fan is on passenger side.
Blower motor. WD40 help?

Hello, I'd start with pulling the blower motor out and inspect it. Could be something in there as well. You'll find the blower under the dash on the passenger side. It should be just behind the cover on the bottom.

Pull it out, check for debris in the heater box, and it can't hurt to turn it on while holding it to see how the motor sounds on it's own. While WD-40 my quiet it temporarily, I would recommend replacing the motor to ensure the repair. I also would worry about wd-40 causing an odor.

If you need any further assistance, please let me know!

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Exactly how do I remove the blower motor ?
Here is the removal procedure. It is fairly straightforward and should not give you any trouble.

-If equipped, remove the sound insulator panel. Refer to Instrument Panel Insulator Replacement in Instrument Panel, Gauge., and Console.
-Remove the blower motor insulating cover screws.
-Disconnect the electrical connector from the blower motor.
-Remove the blower motor insulating cover.
-Pull the retaining tab down while turning the blower motor counterclockwise in order to disen(gauge) the blower motor from the heater/ventilation module.

Hope this helps, let me know if you need anything else!