Matt, Engineer
Experience:  Honors degree in Mechanical Engineering, worked 8 years as a Formula 1 engine engineer.
12772297

FERRARI 360 SPIDER: I HAVE 2 DTC ON A 2000 FERRARI 360 SPIDER P1630

I HAVE 2 DTC ON A 2000 FERRARI 360 SPIDER
P1630 AND P1124. NEED SOME GUIDANCE ON THE POSSIBILITIES WHERE TO START.
MY SNAP ON SOLUS PRO SCANNER WILL ONLY GIVE ME A CODE.
Hello

Code P1630 relates to internal voltage reference for the module it's been generated by which I'm presuming is the engine controller / ECU

I'd advise checking all power feeds ( measure for 12V at the fuses and relays and ensure that the ground wires to the ECU are tight and the main battery connections are OK , but from the description, if your supplies/grounds are good, the internal electronics may have failed

The other code P1124 is for :Throttle Control Motor short circuit

So check that the throttle body harness isn't damaged with any chafed insulation - especially where it passes over other engine parts and through the bulkhead

also check the connection to the throttle bodies for any corrosion or damaged pins
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

OK,THANKS FOR THE ANSWER. NOW I HAVE A STARTING POINT ON HOW TO DIAGNOSE SYSTEM. IS IT POSSIBLE THAT THE THROTTLE PLATE MSY STICK CAUSING NOT TO OPERATE AND SET P1124. THE CAR SAT FOR A WHILE BEFORE STARTING.

Hello Frank

thats entirely possible

bear in mind that there are 2 throttles on this engine
so as a test I'd 1st remove the inlet trunking so you can see both butterflys / throttles and then with the ignition on and the engine off

have your assistant slowly push open the accelerator pedal as you should see both throttles open smoothly