Amedee
Amedee, ASE Master Tech
Experience:  ASE Master Tech advanced level specialist. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
279429

2003kia sorrento

2003kia sorrento
Submitted: 1 year ago via CarComplaints.com.
Category: Car
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer!

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I can assist you with your question.

What seems to be the issue you are having with your kia?

What can I help you with on your kia?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have been to 2kia dealerships. I have vibration in the car while car in on. I had a recall in 2007to replace tje crank bolt. One dealership told me the bolt could be loose to return the car to the dealership I had the recall perform. The car was returned. Under diagnostic check they got back to me stating that the harmonic dampner and balancer bolt had to be replaced. 2hours later he calls me stating my crank shaft was bent. Now I have to replace the motor. I requested the service manager call me back. He told me the crank was bent and I asked him how does this hapoen. He then asked me if the car was in an accident. I said no insurance records can back that up. He then said then someone was under my car doing work and did something to that area. I told him that could not be because any mechanic but his was in that area when the recall for that bolt eas performed and that same day the timing belt was replaced. I just need to know has this been a problem with the 2003 kias or just what would cause this to hapoen to my car. My car has 114,000 miles only. Please reply
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
Linda,

Thanks for the reply!

I just need to get a bit more information from you.

Is the check engine light on?

Are there any codes in the computer?

When did this vibration issue start to occur? Was it right after it had work done? Could it have started right when the timing belt was replaced?

When do you notice this vibration? At idle? In park or drive or when cruising down the road and if so, at what speed?

I will be looking forward to your reply!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
engine light went on. I do not know what codes appeared. Vibration occurrd approx 4 months ago. I do not believe there was a problem after belt was replaced. Vibration was noticed mostly with idle but worsenef gradually wile driving low speed and more noticable later with higher speed
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Linda,

Does the steering wheel vibrate, does the front end of the vehicle vibrate or does the drivers seat vibrate when this happens? There could be a ton of things that can cause a vibration. If it is happening at idle in park, then I would suspect something engine related. If this happens at 60 mph or on the expressway, then I would suspect a bad tire or rim. It is possible that you have a bend rim or a belt shift in one of your tires.

But if the problem is only at idle, I would suspect something with the timing belt, an air or vacuum leak or something with the crankshaft pulley (harmonic balancer) but I think you said that was replaced. If so, I would have them double check the timing belt and check for air and vacuum leaks.

Another possible cause of a vibration issue would be an axle shaft. This is also pretty common but again, this would not cause a vibration in park because the drive shaft would need to be turning in order to cause a vibration. But this could in fact cause a vibration at 20 or 30 or even at higher speeds 50 ot 60 mph.

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any further questions!

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
Linda,

Its Amedee from just answer. I am just checking in to see how things turned out and to see if you need any further assistance. Let me know!

Amedee
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
After viewing on line info regarding crankshaf bolt recalls there are many disatisfied customers with similiar related complaints to mine and it seems that kia motors has an ongoing problem with sorento s regarding this recall for crank shaft bolt and they are not willing to help the customer in anyway to fix this problem. It is up to the owner to pay for whatever happens to the parts in that area in the engine. Therefore I m screwed and will not buy again, infact relate to persons wanting to purchase in the future how kia has treated me with my experience to date. Unfortunately u were unable to help me and I got caught in a trap again since you work with kia. It is an experience of bad cusomer/dealership relationship along with kia motor corporation.
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
Linda,

I am sorry for any confusion.

First, I do not work for Kia. I am self employed and work on Kia vehicles.

This is not a trap. I am honestly trying to help you. I was doing that by answering all of your questions to the best of my ability.. which I have done successfully.
Amedee, ASE Master Tech
Experience: ASE Master Tech advanced level specialist. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector