Doug
Doug, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  16 years automotive and OTR repair including specialized training from Toyota and Mitsubishi
21364095

mazda 626: same car mazda 2001 626 with v6 it has 4 cams how

same car mazda 2001 626 with v6 it has 4 cam's how do u set the timming?

I'm a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!

Here are the alignment marks:
graphic
Note that even though this is a 4 cam engine, there are still only two cam gears to set. This is because the two gears on each side are gear driven together.
If you have had the cams out, use the dots on the back side of the gears to align them together.
graphic

graphic
Doug, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: 16 years automotive and OTR repair including specialized training from Toyota and Mitsubishi