Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  Automotive Repair Shop Manager, Technician/JA Mentor
3195632

Im not sure if this is where I should ask this question.

I'm not sure if this is where I should ask this question. I need to find the value of a car when title was transferred over 3 years ago. My father is going into a nursing home and we need to know for medicaid. I know how to look up present value. But how do I go back and find a value??? Thank you so much
HI,

If you can provide the year, make and model, along with any added features such as convertible top or sunroof, along with what you believe the mileage was 3yrs ago, I can get you the value from fair condition up to excellent condition range from 2009-2010.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

2001 Gmc Sierra Pickup 1500hd, not 4 doors but like 1/2 doors I think it's called extended cab? 105000 mileage fair to good condition. I also have vin

1GTHC29U81Z286950

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

sorry i need tha value as/of 8-28-09 or around???

Ok, give me about 15-20 minutes as I have to go thru my paperback NADA books to find for that time and look it up.

Ok, just need to know if it is 2wd or 4wd
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
2wd
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

2wd

HI,

Ok, going by the VIN code, it is a GMC 2500HD with 6.0 liter engine.

Ok, for 2wd, NADA retail value(not trade in, which is lower):

Fair condition for 7/2009, the value was $10,890
Good condition for 7/2009, the value was $12,204

Please note, your Deposit doesn't constitute a payment. Please be sure to rate OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE to complete transaction or ask for more help by clicking REPLY TO EXPERT.

Positive feedback is always appreciated. Bonuses are welcome. Please note that if you have a subscription service you still need to to rate OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE , however you are not charged again. Thank you.

Please note the 1 to 2 faces(POOR AND BAD SERVICE) are a negative rating. Before choosing one of these, please reply first so that I can further help you

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

ok, i am not sure what value they need..I know lower the better for us. I would think a true value wouldn;t necessarily be retail value. Can you give trade in value???

Ok, trade in value

fair condition - $8490
good condition - $9772