chrytech
chrytech, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  10+years experience in GM and chrysler

Hi, Im working on 2003 dodge caravan,3.3L. it sound pa pa

Customer Question

Hi, I'm working on 2003 dodge caravan,3.3L. it sound pa pa pa pa , I changed plugs/ wires and coil pack, no fix, some one said timing chain, some say electrical harness in the back on the motor burn from exhaust, made electrical shorts for injectors. how can i find out if the timing jumped, its 118k miles. some plugs are socked wet. any suggestion, what should i look for to find the problem. thanx
Category: Car
Expert:  chrytech replied 1 year ago.

chrytech :

hello and welcome to just answer

chrytech :

The connector you mention would be the first place I would check, I have seen several of these and youll want to check the connector it is behind the coil pack at the rear cylinder head. the wires from it go to the injector harness under the intake manifold. open the harness at that connector and inspect the wires and if they are melted together you can get a replacement connector with pigtails from chrysler.

Customer:

ok, im not with the van now but i have to get back to you tomorrow on that, to make sure that is the problem, so please allow me chat with you later, thanx

chrytech :

no problem, as soon as you check it come back and let me know what you find

Customer:

thank you so much.

Customer:

Hi,I apologize i could not get back to you, I did find wire harness burn going to the injectors. however the car still not fix yet.i double check the wire going to the coil pack are ok, some how the 1-3-5 are not firing i even changed the new pack but that was not the problem. now tested it with the probe light it shows the 1-3-5 on coil is firing, I'm going to change new plug wires and see if that makes the difference. as of it now i think it could be the wiring problem, can you wait until tomorrow , i know you need be paid, you will, just help me, thanx

chrytech : Thanks for getting back to me, if I read your reply correctly the wires at that connector are burnt and melted together? If that is the case then that will need to be fixed first and is most likely your problem here. Just let me know how you make out and if you need further assistance.
chrytech : It also just dawned on me too that you said the plugs were soaked with gas you may also need to either clean the plugs or change them if the are soaked.
Customer:

should i just accept your answer because i could not find the problem with it, on coil pack #3 and #5 would not fire, and i don't know where to trace the wire, i took it to electrical specialist. I want you to get paid so let me know, thanx

chrytech :

sorry for the delay, whether you accept or not is up to you and you only need to accept if you feel i have helped you.

chrytech :

I do hope you get your van up and running again and thanks for using just answer

chrytech, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: 10+years experience in GM and chrysler