CarDoc
CarDoc, Independent European Shop owner
Experience:  20 years of experience working with European cars. Independent European shop owner and technician.
14582033

Bentley Continental GT: i just turned on my 2005 Bentley Continental

i just turned on my 2005 Bentley Continental gt and got 2 warning lights that do not get covered in the owners manual, in the tach, a yellow car looking like it is slipping, and the second one is the hieght level in yellow saying workshop?? the car was sitting for 2 weeks and not drove this is the first time starting, any ideas???
Category: Car
Expert:  CarDoc replied 1 year ago.

CarDoc :

Hello, I'm Jason. I will do my best to answer your question quickly and accurately using the information you have provided.

CarDoc :

Car with squiggly lines behind it?

CarDoc :

How long did you let the car run when you started it?

Customer:

it was running at least 15 min

CarDoc :

It sounds like a possible suspension level sensor. There is one per corner on your car

CarDoc :

If any one of these fails for whatever reason, the anti-skid control is also disabled

CarDoc :

But the only way to be absolutely sure is to have the suspension computer scanned for fault codes

Customer:

will this impact the second waening message? what should i do about this?

CarDoc :

One is likely intimately tied to the other

CarDoc :

I doubt you have a faulty component in both the suspension and anti-skid system

Customer:

so i need to take to the Dealer?

CarDoc :

Most European specialty shops will have the proper scan tool to check this, as most Euro shops have the VW/Audi-specific scanner called Vag-Com, which is also Bentley-specific

CarDoc :

One of the nice results of the VW-Bentley marriage

Customer:

ok thanks, XXXXX XXXXX save to drive ?

CarDoc :

If the car isn't overly low at any corner, it's likely ok to drive short distances at lower speeds

Customer:

thanks

CarDoc, Independent European Shop owner
Experience: 20 years of experience working with European cars. Independent European shop owner and technician.