Gary
Gary, Technician
Experience:  GM master tech for 15 years/ASE master tech for 20 years
19513769

suzuki forenza premium: i have a 06 suzuki forenza premium

Customer Question

i have a 06 suzuki forenza premium with automatic trans. i need to replace the trans filter, but can not locate it. i have the pan cover off and all i can see is the valve body. can u help?
Category: Car
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

the filter for this transmission is built inside the transmission and the transmission actually has to come out and apart to change it.its more so of a strainer v/s the old days of a filter in the bottom on the pan

the transmission will have to come out and split apart to change it as seen in this picture the filter is shown to the right inside the transmission.at this point just clean up the pan and put the pan back on and fill it up with fluid

graphic

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

great info. thanks. now if u could show me the location of the filler plug for the trans. it would b greatly appreciated. i know its on the passenger side of the vehicle but i cant locate it

Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

graphic

Gary, Technician
Experience: GM master tech for 15 years/ASE master tech for 20 years
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

is this plug up behind the mount bracket and if so do u need to remove the mount

Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.
should be right below the axle near the area of the OIL drain plug.look close at that picture and use the OIL drain plug as a reference
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

just as i feared the motor mount is hiding the plug. u can just barely see the top edge of the plug past the mount. thanks for all your help its been very helpful.

Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.
anytime