Amedee
Amedee, ASE Master Tech
Experience:  ASE Master Tech advanced level specialist. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector

isuzu pickup: I dont get any power to the fuses in the under

Customer Question

I don't get any power to the fuses in the under the hood fuse box ecept for headlights and one that dont need key on truck runs power to fuse box under dash all fuses and relays or good no fusable links also I replaced my carburator with a new weber the weber didnt have the siolinoid or the sensor can I just unplug them and get them out of the way? also with the new carb I have pluged about 7 vacum lines is it fine I remove some of them and conect the other together. when I got the truck there was no blower motor or airconditioner condenser can I just install a pipe where the condesor was already got a new blower and will the electric choke work with the way it was wired without the idle sensor its not working now because theres no power to it
Category: Car
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer!

My name is XXXXX XXXXX X can assist you with your question.

Did you still need help?

Does the engine start and run?

Do the headlights work?

Do the dome lights work?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

hi

yes motor starts and runs headlights work and there is power to three of the fuses in the fuse box under the hood it's the ones that only work with the key on that have no power I did check the fuse box under the dash and that works with the key so the ignition switch sould be fine I couldn't find any inline fuses or circuit breakers from ignition switch to fuse box unless there hiden good I couldn't see any

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Norm,

Can you tell me the fuses under the hood that do not have voltage?

Also, I need your VIN?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

horn hazards ECM vin 4S1C11L4P4206268

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
Norm,

Thanks a bunch for the extra information!

Sit tight and I will pull some wiring diagrams..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

the horn hazards and emc do have power

the H/LAMP LH

H/LAMP RH

AIR CON

HEATER

CHOKE

CHARGE

VSV

DO NOT HAVE POWER

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
Norm,

It says invalid VIN?

Can you check the VIN for me?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

vin 4S1CL11L4P4206260

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
Hello!

EXCELLENT!

That worked!

Does the main 30 amp fuse number 2 under the hood have power?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes on both sides so fuse is good

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Does the heater/AC relay have power to it?

What about the charge relay?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes heater relay and charge relay have power I tested them they are good

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
So what is not working?

The blower motor?

The alternator?

This charge fuse is under the hood right? What number fuse is it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

the singals, blower motor, choke are not getting power to fuse

1=ECN POWER

2=VSV NO POWER

3=HAZARDS POWER

4=HORN POWER

5=CHARGE NO POWER

6=CHOKE NO POWER

7=HEATER NO POWER

8=AIR CON NO POWER

9=H/LAMP RH NO POWER

10=H/LAMP LH NO POWER

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
THe blower motor fuse will not have any power to it until the charge relay is activated.

The headlight fuses will not have any power until the headlight switch is turned on.

Same thing with the hazards
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Norm,

Just two quick questions.

Does the charging system work?

Does the battery light come on or illuminate on the dash with the key on for a bulb check?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes the charging system is working and the battiery light comes on whe key is turned and goes off when truck starts

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
Excellent!

Please listen very carefully.

The 10 amp fuse number 5 in the fuse relay box gets power from the charge indicator light which gets power from fuse 7 in the dash fuse block.

If the charge light works for a bulb check with the key on and the charging system works, that means fuse number 5should have power with the engine running.

According to you, there is no power at charge fuse number 5.

Can you double check this for me?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

with the motor running I do get power to the heater fuse no power to the blower motor

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
What about the charge fuse number 5 which you said had no power?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

has power when truck is running

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
Norm,

I want you to leave the engine running and remove the heater AC relay.

Check all female pins (that the relay plugs into) for power.

Two out of the four female pins should have power.

Let me know!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

tes power to to of the female I tested the relay and switch it with another good one still no power to the switch or motor

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
Does the relay activate or click when you install it or turn the key on or turn the heater on?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes it clicks and i can feel it

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
When it click, check to see if there is power on fuse 7 (20 amp fuse)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes power to fuse

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
Norm,

If that fuse has power, and your sure that the blower motor is not getting power when this fuse has power, then you have an open or a break in the wiring between that fuse number 7 and the blower motor. It is as simple as that.

You might want to remove the fuse and inspect it very close for any corrosion as that can prevent power from getting to the blower motor.

I am glad I could help! It has been a pleasure assisting you with your question. Please don't forget to rate my answer as "excellent service" so I get credit for the time and knowledge that I have shared with you in a timely manner.

If you have any further questions, again, please feel free to use the reply button and I will reply back asap. In addition, please allow time between answers as I may be off line spending time with my family or assisting other customers.

You can always request me by using the link through my profile page. Just Click on "AMEDEE" next to my picture and enter your question in the question box on the left hand side of the screen below my profile picture and I will be sure to respond back in a timely manner.

Thanks in advance!

Best Regards

Amedee
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok I will check it out I checked for power at the switch and the motor no power at either also I did replace the carburator with a new weber I have about 7 vacume lines pluged witch vacum switches do I really need I would like to conect the lines together and remove a couple of the jnline switches

also what activates the electric choke the new carb doesn't need the sensors from the old one

when I bought it the air conditioner condenser was gone and there is just an open area where it was can i just put a tube where it was to let the air blow through

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
norm,

The charge relay activates the choke heater. It looks like it may get activated by the voltage regulator inside the alternator. Here is a wiring diagram.

graphic
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
Norm,

Does that help?

Did you have any further questions?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

sure does help I did replace the carburator with a new weber I have about 7 vacume lines pluged witch vacum switches do I really need I would like to conect the lines together and remove a couple of the inline switches

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
I think I am now understanding what you are trying to do.

At least now you have access to a wiring diagram for this circuit which will help this choke heater element.

Please don't forget to rate my answer as "excellent service" for assisting you today.

Keep in mind, we can still continue this conversation even after you rate my answer.
Amedee, ASE Master Tech
Experience: ASE Master Tech advanced level specialist. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I did replace the carburator with a new weber I have about 7 vacume lines pluged witch vacum switches do I really need I would like to conect the lines together and remove a couple of the inline switches

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
Norm,

So what is your question to me?

I understand you replaced the carburetor with a new one.

Are you asking what vacuum lines go where?

You need to be specific because I don't know what your asking.

I have already walked you through this electrical issue which was your initial question.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

the new carburator didn't need all the vacume lines the old one did there pluged right now i just want to hook them together and clean a few up will that cause any problems or is it better just to leave them plugged

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
Norm,

As long as the new carb is working and you get the electrical choke working correctly, then it is not a big deal. You could leave the hoses plugged up the way they are now. As long as they are not leaking engine vacuum, then it will be just fine if you leave them alone.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok thanks for everything

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
Your welcome!

Have a great day!

Best Regards

Amedee