hilltop4527
hilltop4527, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Independent repair shop owner/operator experience with many makes and models both foreign and domestic.
70175367

isuzu axiom: I have a 2002 isuzu axiom needing a new motor.

I have a 2002 isuzu axiom needing a new motor. I have found other isuzu suvs etc with the same motor as mine. would be possible and if so what would I need for it to fit in my car. 98 99 trooper has the same motor as my car. And if not what could I do. I'm broke college student can't spend to much money.

hilltop4527 :

Hi I see you are having trouble and I think I can help. If you will tell me what size engine you have I will look it up on the parts interchange tomorrow to see if the motors from the 98 or 99 trooper is a exact fit or what has to be done to make it fit. For example sometimes you just have to swap out the oil pan and exhaust manifolds to make it work. Just let me know what your engine size is and I will see what I can find out for you. Thanks

Customer:

its a 3.5l v6

hilltop4527 :

Ok I will look it up in the morning and let you know what I find. Thanks

hilltop4527 :

Hi I looked up your vehicle on the parts interchange and found that the only engine that will fit your axiom has to be from a 02 or 03 Axiom. The 98 or 99 Trooper motors won't fit. Sorry I wish it would have worked out for you. If you are satisfied with my service please give me a positive rating and accept my answer so I can get credit for it. Thanks

hilltop4527 :

Hi just checking to see if you have any further questions. If not please give me a positive rating and accept my answer so I can get credit for it. Thanks