Tom, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Master Technician

Hi. I have a 2005 vauxhall combo 1.3cdti. The indicators and

Customer Question

Hi. I have a 2005 vauxhall combo 1.3cdti. The indicators and the hazzard lights are not working at all. I can here it clicking and have even tried another relay but problem is still there. Can any one advise where to look next please. Thank you
Category: Car
Expert:  Tom replied 3 years ago.
Have the bulbs been checked?Also was the vehicle in an accident or any added electronics?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The bulbs are all ok and it has not been in an accident. I have also checked fueses in fuse box. All appear ok. I think the problem may be further down the circuit
Expert:  Tom replied 3 years ago.
Quick question is there a trailer hitch on the vehicle?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes there is
Expert:  Tom replied 3 years ago.
Ok this is usually the issue.Have you checked the wiring to the trailer hitch this is usually the issue.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
i will check that out. could it be something to do with the hazzard light switch
Expert:  Tom replied 3 years ago.
Absolutely there is also a relay internal in the hazard switch and this needs to be checked next.Hoped this helped.Please rate excellent service so I can get Credit for my help thanks. Bonuses greatly appreciated.