Mike, Mechanic
Experience:  Hi, I have been a Car/vehicle mechanic 34 years. 29of -running my own repair/diagnostic business.

daewoo espero 1.8i: How to split the engine from the bell housing

How to split the engine from the bell housing on a daewoo espero 1800
Category: Car
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hello and Welcome to justanswer..

My name is XXXXX XXXXX Im happy to help you with this..

Can you tell me, is the gearbox - bell housing got a gap at all from the engine... is it splitting away?

Too - can you confirm the above - "... only want to remove the engine. "..??

Rgds, MIKE..............................
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi - No there is no gap yet. I have tried moving the engine, but it has not split. Is there a shaft going into the engine?

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hello again -

Thank you for your reply...

I asked about what you were attempting to do but you haven't confirmed that - but it seems you are trying to remove the engine without the gearbox... Im afraid you cant do that -there is just not enough room.

Yes there is a shaft that goes through the clutch to the engine crank - and you have to separate that right out - so that means taking the gearbox right back to allow the engine out... there just enough room between the engine and the chassis on the pulley end to do what you are trying -

Yes you could take the engine and leave the g'box - but you would have to pull the gearbox / disconnect it and pull it so far back under the wheel arch, that its essentially "off" --

So they are designed to come out together - and then the gearbox easily splits off the engine.

To get the whole assembly out - the inner and outer drive shafts have to be taken out - you have to disconnect the two lower suspension joints - that allows you then with the suspension legs swinging to pull the shafts out... out of the way , to allow the engine / gearbox to lift out - and of course the gearbox mounts.

As I said above - you could pull the gearbox right out - to allow enough room to get the engine out - but you would still have to disconnect the driveshafts as above -

This is why the engine isn't splitting from the gearbox too - you have to insert a bar between the shaft joint / inner - between the joint and the gearbox casing to prise the shafts out - sometimes you have to hit the bar with a hammer to jolts them out -

So thats the way on this one -let me know if you need anything else at all-

By all means get back to me if you need on this..

Meantime -- Please click on the OK rating to Excellent ratings service for me now, Thank you for that... and you can get back to me anytime if you need / wish..

Best Rgds, MIKE.

Please note, you are rating the content of my "answer" - my help to you - not the "system" which can experience delays etc which are not under my personal control -or delays caused by "time -off" which we all have on occasion - Thank you.

Mike, Mechanic
Experience: Hi, I have been a Car/vehicle mechanic 34 years. 29of -running my own repair/diagnostic business.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Mike -- Thanks for following up it is really pleasant dong business with you. The reason I liftd the motor is because I had a problem on the Firewall which I have resolved. If I read correctly I still have a free question.

If you can give me a short break down on how to change the gearbox oil it will on the same car it will be really great.

Thanks and much apperciated

Gerald

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hello again Gerald...

Im glad to hear all went ok -

Ok - if you haven't drained the oil already - on the bottom on the gearbox casing you will see the drain plug quite clearly - remove that and drain the oil all out.

I will give you an image here now which shows the plug to remove to fill the gearbox - and the plug you remove to check its full enough - inc the oil it takes ( 80w) and capacity... 1.8 litres..

To bring up the image - click on it.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

- let me know if you need anything more though -

Best Rgds, MIKE.

...... Please do click on one of the OK~ Excellent service ratings for now please - as that is how I am credited for helping you... Thank you for that ....and you are Welcome back anytime..

Rgds - MIKE..

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Mike -- Thank you for your prompt service and explination. Thanks for the diagram it is always good to see it on paper. I will have view the points on the gearbox this evening and let yo know how it went. Regards Gerald

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hello again Gerald -

No problem - Im very happy to have helped - you know where I am if there is ever anything else you need -

...Kind Rgds, MIKE..

.Please dont forget to click on one of the OK ratings for me Gerald - and Thank you..