transman, automotive instructor
Experience:  28 years exp,complete autmotive diagnostics and repair

The engine in my 2009 PT Cruiser stopped while I was going

The engine in my 2009 PT Cruiser stopped while I was going 65mph. All dash lights lit up and needles in dials were spinning. I pulled off the road and turned the engine off for 10-15 seconds. It started right up and I had no more problems on the way home. Less than 20,000 miles and maintained regularly. No previous problems. Dealer said battery needed replacing (done), but that this didn't cause problem - they couldn't find reason. What's going on? Thanks.
H, welcome to j/a i will try my best to help you with this problem, was there an engine light present when this happen?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No - it was dark and I'm pretty sure I would have noticed. No strange noise either.
ok, then this is a posible cranck sensoror a cam sensor , i have seen this happen at highway speeds the engine will actually stall and restart itself because the cranck or cam sensor shorts out for a second and the computer looses the sygnal and does not know what cilynder to fire at the moment ,this sensor usually goes in to a ground fault and it pulls the 5 volts reference from the computer to ground making the gages flip and the computer to reset thats why there are no codes on memory.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thanks so much, transman. Love this car, and this is the first sense I'm getting that problem is fixable. Appreciate your being there to help out!
no problem and enjoy your car i love this car so much i have two one for my son and the other one my wife i have not had any problems with it with the excemption of the cam sensor , the same as yours but other then that no problems at all. thank you and have a good night.