Matt, Engineer
Experience:  Honors degree in Mechanical Engineering, worked 8 years as a Formula 1 engine engineer.

Suzuki wagon r ddi: I have a 2003 suzuki wagon r ddi (diesel

I have a 2003 suzuki wagon r ddi (diesel 1260cc diesel engine).
When I start the motor everything is normal. When I am in the motorway for about 2-3 km, at around 3500 rpm and 120km/h, there is a sudden power cutoff, the engine light on the dashboard blinks, and the rpm go to about 2500/2800. I notice a real power loss. If I stop and start the car again this behaviour repeats every time I get near 3200/3500 rpm.

if you've got a flashing engine light then there should be a engine fault code which should point towards a fault

do you have a code?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No, I don't. It just flashes and the power is cut off.

Hello Jose

Ok unless the rev's are climbing and the car isn't accelerating or you have trouble selecting gear this doesn't sound like a clutch issue to me

This could be a lack of fuel pressure from the electrical pump at the tank.

If the connections to this are corroded or damaged then the pump could stop at any time or could not be running at full speed. Check that its relay switches in and out and the relay contacts are clean and bright – replace the relay if in any doubt and do the same for the fuse,
Ideally measure the pressure at the inlet to the main engine fuel pump and if this is low check the pump as described and also consider changing the fuel filter as if this partially blocked this too will reduce pressure.

If both of these are OK then also check the connections to the EGR valve, if either the vacuum pipe of electrical connection are damaged / corroded then the EGR can be on all time which certainly will hurt performance. Its also possible that its a fault with the EGR valve so its worth removing the valve and cleaning it out with brake cleaner, if it looks particularly clogged then replace it.

If this is OK then check the small vacuum lines to the turbo and its connected control solenoid on the bulkhead, any cracks or leaks can give turbo issues and its best to have the boost pressure measured actually measured with a boost gauge to check that the turbo is healthy and that the sensor is reading correctly