Alex
Alex, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Technician

Isuzu Ascender: 2005 Isuzu Ascender - Wiper fluid keeps spraying

2005 Isuzu Ascender - Wiper fluid keeps spraying and wipers are on continuously even if switch on dash is not activated; jumped car after battery drained; removed fuses and spraying stopped, but still wiping continuously. What would I need to do to have this corrected? Seems like it's a failed switch, but not sure where they are to investigate.
Category: Car
Expert:  Alex replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'll be assisting you with your question.

Isuzu has released a technical service bulletin about this problem. Isuzu identified the issue as an internal fault in the wiper control module. The fix is to replace the wiper control module and not the wiper motor. The control module is mounted to the side of the wiper assembly with screws as shown in the picture. The control module may also be called the wiper "cover" or "circuit board."graphic

Here is the actual technical service bulletin:

SOURCE: Isuzu Service News

TITLE: Wiper/Washer Will Not Turn Off or Other Possible Issues

APPLIES TO: XXXXX XXXXX

SERVICE TIP:

Condition:

Some customers may comment that the wiper motor, or washer pump will not turn off, etc. These concerns have been isolated to internal issues with the control module.

Correction:

Verify concern and refer to the Service Manual for proper diagnostics. If condition is present, replace the wiper control module only, not the entire motor assembly. The wiper control module may be referred to as the wiper motor "cover kit" or "circuit board" in the parts catalog.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Dear Alex,

Any instructions on replacing the module? Also, would help if you can provide a part number for the latest and correct part that can be utilized. This would close and satisfy the requirements.

Thanks

Expert:  Alex replied 1 year ago.

The procedure says to remove the wiper transmission to replace the control module or "wiper motor cover." But you may be able to replace the control module without removing the wiper transmission. The replacement part number is XXXXX Delco 19120931. You can get it from Rockauto.com

Wiper Motor Cover Replacement

Removal Procedure

1. Remove the wiper transmission assembly.
  2. Remove the 3 screws retaining the wiper motor cover to the motor.

graphic

1. Remove the wiper cover and module from the motor.

4. Install the wiper transmission assembly to the vehicle.

Installation Procedure

1. Install the wiper cover and module to the wiper motor.

NOTE: Refer to Fastener Notice in Cautions and Notices.

1. Install the 3 screws retaining the wiper motor cover to the wiper motor.

Tighten: Tighten the 3 wiper motor cover screws to 3 Nm (27 lb in).

Wiper Transmission Replacement
Removal Procedure

1. Remove the windshield wiper arms.
  2. Remove the air inlet grille panel.
  3. Remove the bolts retaining the wiper transmission assembly to the vehicle.
  4. Carefully push the wiper transmission assembly rearward to disengage the wiper motor from the slot in the plenum.
  5. Disconnect the wiper motor electrical connector.

graphic

1. Remove the wiper transmission assembly from the vehicle.

Installation Procedure

1. Install the wiper transmission assembly to the vehicle.
  2. Connect the electrical connector to the wiper motor.
  3. Insert the wiper motor post into the slot in the plenum, push the transmission assembly forward to seat the post.

1. Install the bolts retaining the wiper transmission assembly to the vehicle.

Tighten: Tighten the wiper transmission assembly bolts to 8 Nm (71 lb in) .

graphic

1. Install the air inlet grille panel.
  2. Install the windshield wiper arms.
Alex, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: ASE Certified Technician