Chris
Chris, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  43 years of automotive repair, Smog license
12365498

I have a 2005 Suzuki Forenza and After having a coolant pressure

I have a 2005 Suzuki Forenza and After having a coolant pressure test I was told that one of my heater hoses was leaking and I needed to replace them. I had another guy look at it and he said no the hoses weren't the issue, but there is this plastic gasket on top of the carb that was cracked and he removed it to show me that with a rubber gasket that went with it. I just paid 25 for an online Chilton manual that shows me next to nothing about my car. would you have a diagram for it and what the components I refered to are called so I can find a replacement part? he said that the anti freeze was only leaking on to the hose and caused the other person to assume it was the hose...

Hello and welcome to just answer. Let me see if I can get that information for you. I will be back asap.

Chris

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

ok

Does your carb (throttle body) look like the one in this picture? And do the heater hoses connect to the side of the throttle body, and is this where the leak is?

Chris

graphic

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

That looks like the area he pointed to at the base ther is what I think is theairintake seal and lower clamp? and I believe the seal is like a rubber boot hith a hose clamp with 2 screws and the clamp is made of a hard plastic that is similar in appearance to a hose clamp...

Ok, that is the throttle body coolant manifold seal or gasket. Go to your auto parts store that sells parts for Japanese vehicles. Print and take the picture I sent and show it to them. That will help them match it in their parts catalogue.

I hope this information helps, and let me know if you need further assistance with this.

Chris