Brian, Technician
Experience:  20yrs volvo/saab foreign car service

suzuki forenza: i have a 2007 suzuki forenza, i recently had

Customer Question

i have a 2007 suzuki forenza, i recently had to change the engine out with a used low milage engine. after the engine was replaced i have had problems with the cooling system blowing the top and bottom radiator hose, and the heater hose has blown three times. on the second time the heater hose ruptured the car over heated and blew a hole in the radiator, so i also replaced it. the fans come on when the car is hot, or the AC is on, so i dont think there is a thermostat problem, but i cant seem to understand why the hose keeps blowing. i never had this problem with the cooling system before the used engine was put in.
Category: Car
Expert:  Brian replied 3 years ago.

Brian :

My name is Brian I will do my best to help you.if the temp gauge does not go into the red and you still have pressure this sounds like a head gasket problem. what happens in this case the gaskets get small holds in the gasket and the pistons push air into the holes causing the pressure. In this case there are not the usual symptoms of losing water or white smoke. I hope this helps and I wish I had better news for you. if you have any further questions let me know.