George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech 15+ yrs, AAS Automotive Technology, Factory trained Asian specialist
13574682

chev silverado: why wont my 350 rods fit my 400 crank

Customer Question

why wont my 350 rods fit my 400 crank
Category: Car
Expert:  George H. replied 3 years ago.

Hello I will help you with your question,

If you want to use a real 400 crank you need to get the rod journals cut down to fit the rods and you can have it offset ground at the same time to get more stroke.

I suggest buying a stroker package to fit your block as the crank is already machined and ready to bolt in.

Please let me know how I can help you

Thank you

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i took a 400 crank out of this block tyhe problem is the rod journals are to narrow

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Answer quality.
Expert:  George H. replied 3 years ago.
Yes that is correct. You will need to size the rods to the crank. It used to be that this swap was popular but with the availability of stroked kits trying to get all the parts to work together and pay for the machine work required that the kits come out much less money in the long run

Please don't relist the question if you expect a reply. You need to provide more than 5 minutes for me to respond.

Let me know how I can help you

Thank you
Expert:  George H. replied 3 years ago.
Now you choose to rate bad service without a response.

If you want to be helped on questions you will need to ask questions and not rate poorly without explaining what you want

Let me know how I can help you

Thank you