Amedee, Former ASE Master Tech
Experience:  ASE certified tech advanced level specialist. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector

I have a 2005 Suzuki Forenza. My wife said when she was just

I have a 2005 Suzuki Forenza. My wife said when she was just about home (2mi.) she saw smoke from under hood. When I got home about an hour later, I checked the oil and anti freeze. Both were bone dry. I went to store and came back about an hour later and put oil and anti freeze in it. It started but I didn't notice anything so she drove it to work the next day. she said just about as she got home it was smoking again. I checked the oil level it was fine. I checked the coolant reservoir and it was empty again. I filled it up and looked under car. i saw a slow drip about a foot away drom the drivers front wheel inboard.( about a drop every 20 seconds. ) I waited for about 5-10 minutes but saw no smoke. I backed out of driveway ( a slight jerk when I went into reverse, and headed down the street. After about 5 minutes of driving I started to notice a small amount of white/gray smoke towards the right front passenger side of the hood. I pulled in the drive and opened the hood, but could not directly tell where the smoke was coming from because the wind was blowing it and it was kind of faint. the odor was not real strong but it was there. After about 5 minutes the smoke went away. Not sure yet if that means it will only smoke while it'being driven or not at this point. Any Suggestions or ideas would be appreciated.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer!

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I can assist you with your question.

It sounds to me like you just have a simple coolant leak. Right now, I don't think you have a head gasket issue. It sounds like it is going to be something very simple like a bad radiator, water pump or even just a coolant hose. Your best bet would be to get the system pressure checked using a cooling system pressure checker to find the leak. This will put the system under pressure and make it very easy to find the coolant leak. From there you can fix or replace what is leaking and then fill and bleed the cooling system as needed.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Most shops can do this?

YES.. all shops will be able ot do this for you.

You may want to ask your local auto part store to see if will rent or borrow you a cooling system pressure checker. This way you don't have to pay a fee for a shop do this for you. However, some shops will wave this diagnostic fee if you get the work done.

I am glad I could help! It has been a pleasure assisting you with all of your questions. Please don't forget to rate my answer as "excellent service" so I get credit for the time and knowledge that I have shared with you.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to use the reply button and I will reply back asap. In addition, please allow time between answers as I may be off line spending time with my family or assisting other customers.

You can always request me by using the link through my profile page. Just Click on "AMEDEE" next to my picture and enter your question in the question box on the left hand side of the screen below my profile picture and I will be sure to respond back in a timely manner.

Thanks in advance!

Best Regards