Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

Toyota soarer: 92 V8 SOARER THERES NO SPARK AT COIL THE DIAG

92 V8 SOARER THERES NO SPARK AT COIL THE DIAG SAYS ERROR CODE 15 ON THE efi the ecu--, before the ecu ok but now ecu -- efi ng scroll efi 15 scoll ecu --any ideas
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would ask to see if you still need help with this.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the car will not start now ,three months ago it took eight turns of the key to get it to run since then some days it would start and others not start it might go in the morning and not in the afternoon and vice verser,there is most times no spark at the coil the one on top of the lexus V8 the no 2 ignition side I got new ignitors new coil' s checked and swaped relays looked at fuses motor turns over ok but no start the diagnostics in car computer and hand held diagnostic all say EFI 15 which is the number 2 ignition side of things I've had a electrician look at it gave him a 9 point check I GOT OFF THE NET TO GO THRU WHAT THINGSTHAT CAN BE LOOKED AT STARTING WITH SEE IF THERE'S SPARK TO WIREING BETWEEN COIL AND IGNITION HE SPEND 30 MINS. ON IT AND RECOND iT NEEDED THE FUEL PRESsURE CHECKED the toyota servce dick head here in Manjimup said that there computer is not compatable with imports and that they could have it for two weeks and cost 10'000 dollars and still have no idea what's wrong or how to fix it because there diagnostic computer could not tell them how to fix the thing they have the same problem with supras apparently so the servce gay said I asked the service bloke at holden could someone come round with a fuel pressure gauge to check but that s to hard he l'd preffere I get the ton and a half plus car towed up to the shop so the next thing to try is the rac road side assist and see if he has a fuel pressure gauge or a least tow the car to someone who has one of these 500gram things to check to see if the motors not getting fuel and then work out is it because of the fuel control black plastic box thing thats behind the panel left of the left rear passenger seat and whether that has anything to do with not have spark on the number two coil

I think one of the reasons why you have not had a professional respond is because this is a very difficult question, and there are few professions who have worked with this type of issue here possibly.

What I suggest at this point is to have a dealer look into this issue to see if the fault can be located and then corrected due to the difficulty of this question here.

I know this is not the answer you were looking for but I do hope this has helped in some way, thanks Pete.

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

Let me know,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Crank Position Sensor not sending msg to esu,
after bypass ingitor check.
from brother of this guy.
Let us know if you need anything else in the future,thanks Pete.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I don't know the first thin
I know nothing about cars,
but I Found the answer to this in 10 min on the net, you were no help,
This is a standard check and fix an expert would had directed attention to it immediately.
Never again.
I apologize as sometimes some vehicles questions can be difficult to diagnose fully from here,this doesn't mean all questions are difficult some can be.Let us know if you need anything else in the future,thanks Pete.