Greg, Technician
Experience:  17 years Shop Owner /Technician. 27 years experience,

Ssangyong Kyron: Ssangyong Kyron handbrake not holding can

Customer Question

Ssangyong Kyron handbrake not holding can you help
Category: Car
Expert:  Greg replied 3 years ago.
Name is Greg and i will assist you the best i can, please Only accept if you are happy with my answer.

Is the brake cable free and pulling in on the brake shoes
when you had the disc removed did you check the shoe movement i have seen these stick and cause the cable to stretch.

Check this then get back to me .

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am certain that the mechanism is working as I have tried to engage the handbrake when in motion and can feel that the shoes are engaging properly. Everything has been overhauled and checked but even after all that the handbrake will not hold on a slight incline. It seems as if there is not enough leverage to expand the shoes against the drum no matter how hard you pull up the brake lever.

Expert:  Greg replied 3 years ago.

Jack did you fully adjust the adjust out wards before fitting the disc,

If i remember rightly on your car there is a rubber grommet on the disc remove this then turn to the top or bottom position and with a screwdriver adjust the adjuster until you can not turn the disc then back of 7 clicks ,
this should work .

If the disc does not have the rubber grommet or hole on the disc check on the back plate for a elongated hole and grommet cover .

Regards Greg
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

With the recent festive season just gone I am still getting your suggestion checked out and will revert in due course. I am certain your advise will work. Tks Jack

Expert:  Greg replied 3 years ago.
Hi Jack .

Okay please keep me updated and get back to me here at this page for further assistance if needed.

Please rate my help a 3 to 5. " If you are not satisfied please don't rate."
We can continue to work or I can opt out .
For further assistance there is no extra charge after accepting .
If I don't reply soon I will as quick as I can as we may be on different time zones

Rgds Greg