Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.

Navara: Hi GuysI have a current ST navara with auto, had

Hi Guys
I have a current ST navara with auto, had problems with trans at 6000 k's nissan replaced the trans it now has 12000k's the trans is shuddering at times. come to an intersection & nearly stop trans doesn't seem to want to engage a appropriate ratio & then bang away we go. This last weekend was away at property with steep driveway when reversing up drive would get half way, ute would stop shudder & then make it's way up. final day reversed up driveway got halfway then ute stopped & then rolled to bottom made it up next try. seems strange to have 2 trans with problems could there be improper info supplied to trans ???
Thanks in advance
Greg P

I'm a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

please keep trying will be interesting to find an answer

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would ask to see if you still need help with this.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes I still need help with this issue.

Havefault codes been checked at all in the vehicles computers by a shop or dealer?

Let me know,thanks Pete.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes everything checks out as correct.

Have been watching closely the failure to engage ratio is intermittent only happens every 20 or so down changes at intersections doesn't seem to be changing down ratio just misses a ratio & rev's then bang away we go .

It is difficult to say for sure from here exactly what is causing this issue without seeing and testing the vehicle itself.Even though the transmission was recently replaced there may be an internal mechanical fault with the transmission in the vehicle not if the one installed was poorly built or possibly a poor design.It may also be an electrical issue if this is controlled electronically by a computer.

If the shop/dealer cannot locate this issue it might be a good idea to have another shop or dealer take a look into it to see if they can locate and correct this issue.If it does need a new transmission again then the one you have installed now may be under factory warranty still and may be replaced free of charge to you.

Without testing being done and seeing the vehicle it is difficult to say for sure from here what exactly is causing this fault here.

I hope this info has helped,if you need anything else let me know before rating my help here,thanks Pete.
Pete, Technician
Experience: 17 years automotive training and experience.