Joe
Joe, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine inboards and electronics, automotive drivability, all around repair tech,

Volvo V40: My blower only works on low, I replaced the Climate

My blower only works on low, I replaced the Climate control unit and the blower resistor, what do I look for next
Category: Car
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for using
justanswer.com, my name is XXXXX XXXXX X will be happy to assist you with your
concern today.

Just seeing if you still
need assistance with this problem?

Thanks,

Joe

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes, I do

Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.

Have you connected a direct 12v battery hot to the blower motor as a bench test and seen if it spins faster? The reason as it could be a bad blower motor itself.

Thanks,

Joe

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Ill try that next

Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.

Barry,

Yes, the motor needs to be bench tested if you have in the vehicle 12v and good ground at 12vdc it should spin full speed/rpm if not then bench test... if the same then replace the blower motor which is most likely the problem.

If you need any further assistance just let me know.

Thanks,

Joe

Please
only rate my answer with 3 stars or more this is the only way I get paid for
services I have provided you only when you are ready to rate me. BONUSES are
appreciated. If you feel you need to leave a 1-2 star please instead reply back
to me via the reply to expert button. The first two rating faces are negative
feedback the next three after the first two are positive and only for those 3
do I get paid for my work. If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply
back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. Please
also note that while I try very hard to correct the problem online for you,
however not all problems can be fixed in this way. The deposit you placed when
you opened the question is only a deposit and does not pay for my services
until you click accept or one of the smile faces then I get paid for helping
you. The rating system is only to rate me as an expert not the site or the
product. If you have any problems for
any reason please reply back and let me know.

Thanks
for using justanswer / pearl.com and have a great day!

Joe, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: ASE, electronics, Marine inboards and electronics, automotive drivability, all around repair tech,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I will try the bench test tomorrow and get back to you how that worked,

Thanks

Hope that it works

Barry

Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.
Sounds good