jazzmaster
jazzmaster, ASE Certified Tech
Experience:  ase certified--32 yrs experience
8668911

Boosted a friends car and he hooked up the battery cables backwards

Boosted a friends car and he hooked up the battery cables backwards and now my 2006 Suzuki Verona wont start.
Category: Car
Expert:  jazzmaster replied 2 years ago.

hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you ...

ok, the first thing to do here is to check all the fuses inside the vehicle as well as under the hood ,,..

these systems are protected for that reason and in most cases it will pop a few fuses..

but it is always a good thing to go through all the fuses ,as doing what was done will most likely pop more than one fuse...

its hard to tell you which fuses may blow as ,,the car was running or not running when the cables were hooked up wrong ... please let me know what you found and which fuses were poped ,but I think you will be ok , if you do check them all and replace the bad ones ...jazzmaster ..

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I will check the fuses in the morning, it's midnight here now, I will let u know in the morning, thanks.
ok, I am pretty sure that is where you will find the issue ,,,talk to you tomorrow .....jazzmaster ..
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Good morning, I checked the fuses in engine and inside car, no go with starting the car.
how did you check the fuses and did you check them all ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Pulled every fuse with fuse pulled provided

ok, I am trying to find a diagram for your vehicle ,

do the headlights,heater,dashlights,radio,wipers ,dome interior lights work or are some noy=t working ?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have power to all functions , the engine turns over but won't kick in.
ok, I have to find a wiring diagram.. this may take a bit to find
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi, had the car towed to the dealership, will let you know what they find out. What do I owe for your time?
All you need to do is rate me 3 or higher and push accept. Thank you and keep me informed. .
jazzmaster, ASE Certified Tech
Experience: ase certified--32 yrs experience