Tom
Tom, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Master Technician
3827149

Im looking for a GOOD used car that gets great mpg, is comfortable,

I'm looking for a GOOD used car that gets great mpg, is comfortable, reliable, quiet and won't break the bank! I've driven a 2000 Honda crv [not very comfortable - seats & noisy] and am going today to drive a Prius - I get mixed messages about Priuses - too expensive to fix mainly - and I'm loving the mpg - are there other non-hybrids that get good mpg - that I can afford! my budget is under $7000... am I only dreaming? thanks!
On the prius has many transmission failure issues. Have you driven the newer Honda Accord ride really nice and comfortable and have great gas mileage.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

No, I haven't driven the newer Accord - and, good to know about the tranny problems! Is there a yr that is better than others - I've looked on edmunds and it seems that both Hondas and Toyotas from 2001 - 2006 have had some engine problems! geesh! What about a '98 crv w/165+ miles?

These Crvs have a lot of value issues and these burn up and in turn you would need to replace the head which is an expensive repair. Best option is a 2004 accord or newer for 7000 you can get a 2007 with higher mileage but don't let that scare you as long as it was maintained it will last over 200,000 no problem.. My last honda had 350,000 original motor and transmission and still sold it for 1500. I would focus here. Hoped this helped.Please rate excellent service so I can get Credit for my help thanks. Bonuses greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

so you prefer a accord to say a corolla or a camry?

Absolutely although the Camry comes the closest. Hoped this helped.Please rate excellent service so I can get Credit for my help thanks. Bonuses greatly appreciated.