Robert
Robert, UK Qualified Car Mechanic
Experience:  Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
13210289

FIAT PUNTO: XXXXX XXXXX a fiat punto 2004 1.9 diesel, the steering

Customer Question

I have a fiat punto 2004 1.9 diesel, the steering failure warning keeps coming on even though the power steering still works and is not stiff, any ideas?
Category: Car
Expert:  Robert replied 3 years ago.

Hi..

Hopefully i can help..

Sometimes problems like this can be caused by poor connections to the electronic steering column itself causing the failure light to come up without any noticable issue with the steering..you need to remove the column surrounding trim and locate the multiplugs connections underneath into the steering column control unit and ensure they are fitted in properly...alternatively there is a chance this maybe on its way out as Punto EPS/City steering is a very common fail point on these cars..I do hope this helps..

Please remember to positively rate the answer above if the info above was helpfull before you leave as this is how experts get paid for helping you..if you need to ask anything else after you have rated then your more than welcome to without having to pay again..