sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience

r350 matic: How to I turn on the rear view camera on a 2006

How to I turn on the rear view camera on a 2006 R 350 Matic mercedes crossover? I bought it used so did not get a manual.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

I see your question has been up for an extended time without a response. Do you still need help?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes please

Mercedes is not my area of expertise but since you had been waiting for an extended time I wanted to reach out and let you know your question had been seen by many, and it appears the Mercedes experts were not comfortable with answering your question for whatever reason.

I searched for quite a while this morning and I found the owner's manual for your vehicle but nothing covering backup camera operation.

Backup cameras will automatically turn on when you put the vehicle in reverse while the radio is on. Have you been through the menus in the radio to make sure the camera isn't disabled? If not, go through any radio menus and make sure that the camera wasn't disabled for some reason by the previous owner. On some vehicles you can disable the feature.

If it's not disabled or that's not an option yet it won't come on in reverse then there is a problem somewhere in the system, which could be the camera itself, it's wiring, or the radio. Some testing with a scan tool would need to be done to determine what is happening.