Richard, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  12 years Ford Lincoln/Mercury Jaguar dealership as a technician and shop foreman reparing all makes

Range Rover Sport 2006. At higher load REDUCED ENGINE PERFORMANCE

Customer Question

Range Rover Sport 2006. At higher load REDUCED ENGINE PERFORMANCE appears on the dash and the vehicle will no longer speed and MIL lamp will flash many times on the dash. P2601 will appear as fault.
Category: Car
Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 1 year ago.

tims auto repair :

hi

tims auto repair :

what engine do you have?

Customer:

4.4 supercharged

tims auto repair :

ok

tims auto repair :

sense you get the reduced power message..

tims auto repair :

lets try something simple here

tims auto repair :

remove the intake air duct from the throttle body

tims auto repair :

and,clean the inside of the throttle body with carb cleaner

tims auto repair :

sometimes the inside of the throttle body will get dirty with black soot and cuse the tac[throttle actuator control] to give the computer a bad reading

tims auto repair :

most times,cleaning the throttle body will fix this

tims auto repair :
tims auto repair :

Remove the engine cover.
3. Remove the air intake resonator.
4. Position the wiring harness support bracket aside.
^ Release the 2 fuel pipe clips.
^ Remove the 4 bolts.

18_lr07rrspo_esm_303.04a-020.jpg
Full Size Image

5. Remove the throttle body intake.
^ Disconnect the breather line.
^ Release the clip.
^ Release the bushing.

CAUTION: Before disconnecting or removing the components, ensure the area around the joint faces and connections are clean. Plug open connections to prevent contamination.

6. Release the wiring harness clip.

20_lr07rrspo_esm_303.04a-021a.jpg
Full Size Image
tims auto repair :

19_lr07rrspo_esm_303.04a-021b.jpg
Full Size Image
tims auto repair :
Customer:

I just tried all your advise and it did not work.

tims auto repair :

ok

tims auto repair :

i will opt out...

tims auto repair :

maybe one of the other guys has a better idea of what is going on here....someone will be right with you

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to justanswer.com

Maybe I can help.

You said you have the 4.4 supercharged engine. I just want to make sure as the supercharged engine was a 4.2 liter and there was a 4.4 liter non supercharged engine. Let me know. You can also post your VIN number.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

SALSH23436A933625

4.2 L

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
That's what I figured.

That code is for the supercharger coolant pump. On your vehicle the supercharger has its own radiator and uses an electric pump to pump the coolant. The problem is usually the pump but of course we need to check for power and ground to the pump.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have a new replacement pump. How do I check for power and ground to the pump?

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Just set your meter to dc volts and place one lead to each wire as you should read battery voltage with the engine running.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have checked the coolant pump socket and it seems to be bad. Just replace the socket, cleared codes and had a test drive. The same REP came on the dash with P0300, P0301, P0302, P0304

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Ok this could be a problem with the coils and/or spark plugs. Or possibly a small vacuum leak as these engines have issues with the supercharger seals and gaskets causing this.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Where can I find these supercharger seals and gaskets?

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
There are seals on the top plate and side intercoolers. The other gaskets are in the back and on the bottom of the runners. We should smoke test the engine to check for leaks.
Richard, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: 12 years Ford Lincoln/Mercury Jaguar dealership as a technician and shop foreman reparing all makes
Customer: replied 8 months ago.

Vehicle vibrates and can be felt on the steering either in Drive or Reverse but not in Park or Neutral. What could be the cause of this vibration?

Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.
I would check the motor mounts and clean the throttle bore and blade.