Tom
Tom, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Master Technician
3827149

How To Fix A Problem With My Diesel

How To Fix A Problem With My Diesel
What is the issue you are having?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

lack of power comes and goes been working ok this winter so far

Has the mass air flow sensor been checked as well as the fuel injectors.Also what year and model is the vehicle and is the engine light on?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

It a 1999 Dodge 2500 cummins diesel 24 valve no the mass airflow sensor has not been checked engine light don't come on

Ok this is where you need to start if there is no engine light the most common failure is the mass air flow sensor or clogged fuel injectors.These are the next steps.Hoped this helped.Please rate excellent service so I get credit for my help thanks.Bonuses greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Cool Ok Thanks your a big help! will do! Have a good one take care.

Anytime.Hoped this helped.Please rate excellent service so I get credit for my help thanks.Bonuses greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Another thing; where is the mass air flow sensor? And do I need any special tools to check it or get to it? What do I need to "clean" it with? Or is it just a "Replace only" type of part?

You can clean it with mass air flow cleaner .Its located in the airtube from the air filter to the intake.Hoped this helped.Please rate excellent service so I get credit for my help thanks.Bonuses greatly appreciated.
Im here if you ever need anything else?