sal66chev, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Hi I'm sal.I have over 18 years of experience in the mehcanic business certificated by AAMCO and ATRA

Cadillac Devilles: Hi I have a 2004 Deville. Yesterday after

Hi I have a 2004 Deville. Yesterday after doing a lot of driving in town, which I RARELY do, my car started shifting hard in 1st and 2nd gear only. This morning i went outside to check it, and the car is shifting fine. Drove more city driving, nothing.

I also noticed engine clatter from the top right side of the motor this morning while checking and adding antifreeze.

Any suggestions? Thank you

Smilehi my name is XXXXX XXXXX I`ll be happy to assist you.

I would start with the basics like make sure the transmission fluid is at correct level and the conditions of the fluid is good, if fluid is dirty I would suggest to get a transmission service done.if transmissions starves from fluid let`s say filter clogged cuz fluid is dirty the computer will rice line pressure and sometimes will make it shift harder on some gears. or for some time. the engine code you have is for lean condition. means there is probable a vacuum leak on (bank 1).vacuum line cracked,intake manifold gaskets ,something of that nature.

I hope this helps you and if you have any more questions let me know.