Gary
Gary, Technician
Experience:  GM master tech for 15 years/ASE master tech for 20 years
19513769

SUZUKI XL7: MY XL7 2002 SMELL GAS WHEN I PUT THE FAN ON,SO

MY XL7 2002 SMELL GAS WHEN I PUT THE FAN ON,SO AT TRAFFIC LIGHT I MUST PUT IT OFF.VEHICLE IS RUNNING OK PUT HAVE CODE P0121.THANK YOU
im so sorry you are having these 2 issues
first the PO121 code is a problem with the TPS ( throttle position sensor ) that can make the engine run rich where you would smell a fuel smell
if the connection to the TPS is good and the wiring you can see to the TPS is good then more than likely replacing the TPS will correct the code and may correct the smell
if after the TPS is replaced and you still smell the fuel smell there would more then likely be a fuel seepage leak from some where on the engine which is usually a fuel injector or a fuel injector 0-ring seeping fuel out and thats what you are smelling
the TPS is seen in this picture and is mounted right on the throttle body next to the throttle butter flygraphic