Joe, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine inboards and electronics, automotive drivability, all around repair tech,

This question is about fabricating a part for my truck. I need

This question is about fabricating a part for my truck. I need to build a "L" shaped bar that I can stick in my tow hitch. 2" square tube iron works but was wondering if anyone knew of something lighter to fabricate wit that would support a 250 pound load as iron does. It should be able to be "welded" and cost effective to do so. Any ideas?

Hello, Thank you for using, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your concern today. Just seeing if you still need assistance with this problem? Thanks, Joe

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes, thanks.

The biggest problem is "cost effective" that is only going to be steel, stainless, aluminum and titaninum would all work but cost will be 2-3x more +.

Your best option is sticking with steel, 250 lbs is not that much of a load and would handle it just fine with a good welder. If you need any further assistance just let me know.