Joe
Joe, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine inboards and electronics, automotive drivability, all around repair tech,

This question is about fabricating a part for my truck. I need

This question is about fabricating a part for my truck. I need to build a "L" shaped bar that I can stick in my tow hitch. 2" square tube iron works but was wondering if anyone knew of something lighter to fabricate wit that would support a 250 pound load as iron does. It should be able to be "welded" and cost effective to do so. Any ideas?
Category: Car
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for using pearl.com, my name is XXXXX XXXXX X will be happy to assist you with your concern today.

Just seeing if you still need assistance with this problem?

Thanks,
Joe
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, thanks.
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.
The biggest problem is "cost effective" that is only going to be steel, stainless, aluminum and titaninum would all work but cost will be 2-3x more +. Your best option is sticking with steel, 250 lbs is not that much of a load and would handle it just fine with a good welder.

If you need any further assistance just let me know.

Thanks,
Joe

Please only rate my answer with 3 stars or more this is the only way I get paid for services I have provided you only when you are ready to rate me. BONUSES are appreciated. If you feel you need to leave a 1-2 star please instead reply back to me via the reply to expert button. The first two rating faces are negative feedback the next three after the first two are positive and only for those 3 do I get paid for my work. If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. Please also note that while I try very hard to correct the problem online for you, however not all problems can be fixed in this way. The deposit you placed when you opened the question is only a deposit and does not pay for my services until you click accept or one of the smile faces then I get paid for helping you. The rating system is only to rate me as an expert not the site or the product. If you have any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.
Thanks for using pearl.com and have a great day!
Joe, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: ASE, electronics, Marine inboards and electronics, automotive drivability, all around repair tech,