Joe
Joe, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine inboards and electronics, automotive drivability, all around repair tech,

Pathfinder: My 2009 Nissan Pathfinder Turbo Diesel has air

My 2009 Nissan Pathfinder Turbo Diesel has air cond issues. When I bought the car it kept blowing air at my feet even if I set it to the windscreen. I took it back to the dealer and was told the mode wheel needed greasing to shut the gates. Took it back and then was told it needed a new actuator (not sure of spelling) which was replaced. Still had the same issue and then was told it was normal for pathfinders, so I gave up. Now the car is out of warranty and the air still blows out at the feet but now I can't get air coming out of the dash, windscreen and feet work fine and temp works. But I was told I need a whole new climate control system $1400 plus. Doesn't seem right to me. Also, I my passenger side gets a wet floor which could be linked to air cond drainage??

Category: Car
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for using
justanswer.com, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be happy to assist you with your
concern today.

Just seeing if you still
need assistance with this problem?

Thanks,

Joe

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Joe, I still need help as I have not had a reply to my question yet.

Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.

In regards XXXXX XXXXX wet floor first, is it or does it smell like coolant?

Thanks,

Joe

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Not really sure what coolant smells like but the floor is wet tonight after using aircon in the car today.

Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.

Peter,

It's very important that we determain if this is just plain water or coolant, the reason being is because water could just man condensation and or build up from drain clogged, coolant inside would mean the heater core needs to be replaced.

In terms of vents, now you have windscreen and floor but no dash air (where it comes out front vents towards your face), correct?

Does this problem occur on both a/c and heat?

Thanks,

Joe

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

That is correct. It occurs on both a/c and heat where I don't get any air at the face.

Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.

Need to see if the actuator door is being moved when the ac conrol head is doing so, if the head is moving the door but door does not move it could be the actuator, or the door.

In terms of the liquid on the floor it's very important you find out if it is water or coolant, coolant means the dash will usually need to come out to replace the heater core.

If you need any further assistance just let me know.

Thanks,

Joe

Please
only rate my answer with 3 stars or more this is the only way I get paid for
services I have provided you only when you are ready to rate me. BONUSES are
appreciated. If you feel you need to leave a 1-2 star please instead reply back
to me via the reply to expert button. The first two rating faces are negative
feedback the next three after the first two are positive and only for those 3
do I get paid for my work. If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply
back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. Please
also note that while I try very hard to correct the problem online for you,
however not all problems can be fixed in this way. The deposit you placed when
you opened the question is only a deposit and does not pay for my services
until you click accept or one of the smile faces then I get paid for helping
you. The rating system is only to rate me as an expert not the site or the
product. If you have any problems for
any reason please reply back and let me know.

Thanks
for using justanswer / pearl.com and have a great day!

Joe, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: ASE, electronics, Marine inboards and electronics, automotive drivability, all around repair tech,