Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.

Nissan/Datsun 1400 SE: Nissan Micra 1400cc Auto 2003, Auto

Nissan Micra 1400cc Auto 2003, Auto Gear Lever Knob keeps sticking when depressed to select drive, eventually does go in, but is is very annoying.
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would ask to see if you still need help with this.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have had no answer from anybody. It is the Button on the gear knob I am querying.

Was anything spilled on this knob assembly in the past or recently?

Let me know,thanks Pete.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

O.k.,it is difficult to say for sure from here exactly what is causing this issue but it may be the shifter assembly itself that has an internal mechanical fault causing this issue.

I have seen this happen on several vehicles before and have had to replace the entire shifter assembly to correct this.

Without seeing the vehicle it is difficult to say for sure so you might want to have this double checked and if found faulty then it should be replaced to correct this.

I hope this info has helped,if you need anything else let me know before rating my help here,thanks Pete.

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

Let me know,