Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

shogun pinin 2.0 GDI: I have 2003 2.0 pinin GDI. The amber

I have 2003 2.0 pinin GDI. The amber engine emmision warning light comes on and the engine won't rev above 3000 rpm and eventually it will cut out if you try and accelerate. The high pressure fuel pump has been stripped down and cleaned, fuel filler pipe replaced as it was rusted up and full of holes. The fuel tank and pipes flushed and cleaned. Still have the same problem. Have told it's either the fuel pump or the fuel pressure sensor?
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would ask to see if you still need help with this.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi just had the fuel pressure sensor replaced and the car seem's to be ok, but I have been in this position before and it usually goes wrong again after a few miles.

If the fuel pressure sensor was reading incorrectly then it can cause this problem here so this may have corrected the issue.If there is any rust build up in the fuel tank itself even though it has been cleaned more rust can break free and cause restrictions in the fuel and also cause this as well.

It is difficult to pinpoint the exact fault from here without seeing and testing the vehicle but hopefully this fuel pressure sensor has corrected the issue.

I hope this info has helped,if you need anything else let me know before rating my help here,thanks Pete.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX an inline fuel filter fitted between the tank and the pump and so far that remained clean. I will get my car back tomorrow and see if the fault has been fixed. I will let you know.

Jon

Your welcome,sounds good.Don't forget to rate my help here,3 to 5 is appreciated,thanks Pete.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

If not fixed will u still be able to give me advice?

You can come back at any time to post if needed,thanks Pete.

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

Let me know,
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Not fixed found a second hand fuel pump which will be fitted next week. Hopefully this will fix the problem, can't think of anything else?

Jon

It is difficult to say for sure from here what is causing this fault here.It may be possible the fuel pump is faulty causing this.Let me know how it turns out after the pump is replaced.Thanks Pete.