Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

A CLASS: HI, I HAVE A 2007 A CLASS AUTO,THE SMART KEY WILL

HI, I HAVE A 2007 A CLASS AUTO,
THE SMART KEY WILL NOT TURN THE IGNITION AND THE AUTO LEVER WILL NOT MOVE OUT OF THE PARK POSITION.
I HAVE FULLY CHARGED THE CAR BATTERY AND PUT NEW BATTERIES IN THE KEY, BUT NO LUCK !
HELP !! THANKS REGARDS JOHN.
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would ask to see if you still need help with this.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

HI PETE , YES STILL NEED HELP PLEASE.

REGARDS JOHN

Do you have a second key to try at all or have you tried a second key at all?

Let me know,thanks Pete.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Tried the second key , still the same. j

O.k.if your battery is fully charged and neither key will work to operate the ignition (which will also keep you from shifting out of park) then this sounds like a possible internal electrical fault in the electronic ignition switch itself as this can be a common component to fail and cause this here.

This would have to be checked/tested by a shop or dealer with an sds machine to verify this is at fault here but can be common for this issue.To be safe you might try to recharge the battery first just to make sure it isn't a low voltage issue.

It is difficult to pinpoint the fault from here without more testing being done to aid in locating the fault but from what is described this sounds like what may be at fault since both keys wont operate the ignition.

I hope this info has helped,if you need anything else let me know before rating my help here,thanks Pete.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Pete, thanks for the info.

why do you think that the auto lever is stuck in park?

Regards John

If the key will not turn at all in the ignition then this will keep the shifter from moving out of park.The ignition/key issue needs corrected first to see if this corrects the shifting issue here.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Pete,

thanks for your help, just one last question , could a blown fuse cause this problem?

Thanks John.

It may be possible if power isn't being sent to electrical components in the vehicle due to the blown fuse.Unfortunately my info doesn't show me diagrams or fuse locations for this vehicle here.You can check to see if any fuses are blown and if any are found blown then they should be replaced and see if it operates properly from there.

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

Let me know,