Tom, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Master Technician

landrover freelander: wife was driving the car down the highway

wife was driving the car down the highway and the car shut off . now it wont start but the starter does turn over
Is the engine light on and how many miles on the vehicle?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes 129000

Ok most common is a faulty crank sensor is the vehicle missing spark and do you know the code stored for the engine light?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No, I do not. How would I find that?

You would need to have the vehicle scanned and since its not running you would need to buy a scanner .Will the vehicle start with starting fluid?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Not sure. This just happened, the vehicle is on the side of the road still. Trying to get an idea of where to take it in regards XXXXX XXXXX mechanic... most wont work on them because of the complexity

Any good local shop can fix this most common is a faulty crank sensor since the engine light is on.Other possible issues are a faulty fuel pump or it jumped time.These are what need to be checked next for this issue.Hoped this helped.Please rate excellent service so I get credit for my help thanks.Bonuses greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your help. Appriciated