Tom
Tom, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Master Technician
3827149

Isuzi Rodeo: Humming Turbo noise from my 2001 Isuzi Rodeo.

Humming Turbo noise from my 2001 Isuzi Rodeo. The noise increases when I accelerate. The noise can be heard from inside the suv. Currently, the SUV is running well, with no signs of mechanical problems, and no engine light or no other light indicators.

Unfortunately, there are no authorized Isuzi Service Center in my area.

Ok this is an issue with the waste gate in the turbo starting to fail was this checked?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No, it was not checked. How certain are you? Can this be fixed - if so, is it expensive?
Yes very certain it can be rebuilt for about 1200 or a new turbo will run about 2000 dollars.Unfortunately its a very expensive repair.Hoped this helped.Please rate excellent service so I get credit for my help thanks.Bonuses greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

You indicated that the waste turbo failing but my Isuzu Rodeo SUV does not have tubocharged engine system. Perhaps there is another solution…

Where is the noise most prominent?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
It's seems to be more prominent near the base of the steering wheel.
Ok this sounds like an exhaust vibration is that what it seems like to you ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No, the sound is not coming out of the exhaust/no rattling/no vibration. Just an annoying constant hum with a elctronic turbo sound that gets louder as you accelerate.
Have you checked the exhaust to rule it out ?Also has the serpentine belt tensioner been checked?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No, I have not checked the exhaust or the serpentine belt tension. I'll talke it all under advisement. Thanks!!
Anytime.Hoped this helped.Please rate excellent service so I get credit for my help thanks.Bonuses greatly appreciated.