Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.

2007 cayman. Trying to get aftermarket hids to work

2007 cayman. Trying to get hid lights to work. Put oem ballasts from an Audi and d2s bulbs. Ran a relay harness to get power straight off battery. One works great the other flickers and turns off. I switched them and both sides work but only one at a time. I was told that Porsche needed to reprogram my computer for litronics. That will solve. Is that true?
Also how much is a average price to reprogram if necessary.
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would ask to see if you still need help with this.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I still need help.
Is this a factory upgrade that has been done to this vehicle or an after market accessory not made from the factory?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Factory is litronic. These are audi ballasts and d2s bulbs from a factory audi. They are telling me at a hid dealer that the Porsche dealer needs to reprogram my computer for litronic lights so that the wattage is correct or whatever. Is this possible/true? And if so how much should a reprogram like this cost?
O.k.,yes either the computer needs to be reprogrammed to control these lights properly as this sounds like a voltage issue or control issue from the computer or the computer itself may need replaced to correct this.

A dealer will usually charge about an hours labor to do reprogramming,but if this does not correct the fault then it may need a new computer and or the light system may have to be tested to see if anything else would need to be done to get these to operate.In most cases programming/coding will correct this problem here as long as they are wired in correctly and if the option is available for your vehicles computer.

I hope this info has helped,if you need anything else let me know before rating my help here,thanks Pete.

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

Let me know,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I contacted Porsche today and told them I wanted my lights programmed because the voltage was probably not right to support. Try didn't know what I was talking about and have never done it. They were wanting to turn off my drls which I don't even have. I am very confused still and have no idea how to get the hids stable power or wprking right.
They may have to contact their technical support to see if there is an option to reprogram or replace a control unit to get the proper voltage to these lights on your vehicle here.