Dad Mechanic
Dad Mechanic, Mechanic
Experience:  I have worked on everyting from Model Ts to 2012 Autos,
65581030

Severe steering wheel wobble

How do you remedy the steering wobble on a Suzuki Jimny model 2010? Suzuki has replaced wheel bearings, installed shims, and tested tires and rims but problem still remains.

Dad Mechanic :

Sorry for your problem. I am here to try and assist you.When did your problem begin or has it been since new. Jim!!! Thanks for coming to Just Answers.

Customer:

Jim, the problem started to manifest itself after about 10,000 kilometers of operation and it has been there since then.

Dad Mechanic :

Dose it have a steering stabilizer on the tir rods anywhere? Dose it start after hitting a bump in the road?

Customer:

Jim,

Customer:

None. There is no steering after market stabilizer available for the Jimny 2009 model (not 2010 as previously mentioned). The problem is there even on concrete roads and not on bumps.

Dad Mechanic :

I have gotten universal kit that will adapt to most application in the past. I have had vehicles that nothing was wrong and still had add a steering dampner. i will opt out maybe another expert may have some ideas. Thanks for coming to Just Answers. Jim!!!

Customer:

Jim, are you saying you can supply an steering damper for the Jimny model I have?

Dad Mechanic :

sorry no I would guess NAPA,parts america, Auto Zone, o'rielys all should be able to hook you up with something that will work. Jim!!! PS i've been trying to get back to you.

Customer:

Jim,

Customer:

I guess I will try to source the part myself although I have been unsucessful so far. I doubt if the US will have it since the Jimny was not marketed there but in Europe. Will keep trying Europe. Thanks.

You will need to ask for a universal steering damner kit! Jim!!!
Sorry you expected me to locate the part also, I thought you ask what would remedy the situation. Here are a few universal dampners. You will need to see which one would work best for you. Please reconsider your rating as I have given you the benefit of my years of experience in solving such problems. Check out this address...https://www.google.com/search?q=universal+steering+dampner&ie=utf -8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a#q=universal+steering+damper&hl=en&client=firefox-a&hs=vY0&tbo=u&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&source=univ&tbm=shop&sa=X&ei=LALqUM6SA7Th0wGPi4C4DA&ved=0CFYQsxg&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_cp.r_qf.&bvm=bv.1355534169,d.dmQ&fp=949b7806899c6914&bpcl=40096503&biw=1024&bih=638... Jim!!!
Hi!
I hope I have helped to resolve your problem. I am checking to see if I can assist with any thing else today, or clarify my answer to you.
Thanks for using Just Answers.
Dads Mechanic.
Jim
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you. I will look for another expert.

sorry you feel this way i don't deserve a low rating, information is correct. I went the extra mile and found you the parts. Jim!!!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I had already searched the Internet ahead of my inquiry from you so the information provided was not really new. Thank you even if you opted out.

OK here is my problem. I gave you information to stop your shimmy in your car which was your original question. Then you changed your question to find you the parts. Now you have given me a poor rating for not supplying parts. please just change your rating to a more favorable rating.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Jim, I will rate you OK then as requested.

Thank You Jim!!!