ASE Master Tech 35yrs
ASE Master Tech 35yrs, ASE Master Auto Tech
Experience:  ASE Certified since 1972,Master Auto tech,Heavy Truck Tech, foriegn and domestic

Suzuki grand Vitara: Suzuki Grand Vitara 2008 Key I need to

Customer Question

Suzuki Grand Vitara 2008 Key
I need to buy a key for my 2008 suzuki grand vitara. I am in Ayangue, Ecuador. Please help with info. I can go to Guayaquil or Salinas. How long does it take to get a new key?
Category: Car
Expert:  Tom replied 1 year ago.
Regardless when you get the key it still needs to be programmed to the vehicle when you get it by a mobile locksmith regardless.Is there someone that can do this for you ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I don't know how to get in touch with one. I just live in a small village called Ayangue, EC

Expert:  Tom replied 1 year ago.
Ok thats whats going to need to be done unfortunately it can not be programmed any other way.Sorry but this is the only way this can be done.Hoped this helped.Please rate excellent service so I get credit for my help thanks.Bonuses greatly appreciated.Have a safe and Happy NewYear!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I need someone who knows stuff in Ecuador and directions how to go about doing it.

Expert:  Tom replied 1 year ago.
Ok you will need a mobile locksmith thats the only way .Are there mobile locksmiths in your area that can come to you?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
I need specific info on how to get a qualified mobile locksmith here in Ayangue, Ecuador or nearby like Salinas. Otherwise, I am wasting my time.
Expert:  ASE Master Tech 35yrs replied 1 year ago.

Glad to be of help.

You can program it yourself. The base model remote can be programmed to the car
using the directions outlined in the owner's manual (in US, it's around page
2-5) but the keyless start function won't work. The procedure for a keyless
start remote is a little more complicated and has to be followed to the letter
for it to go into programming mode.

Try this:

1.
Remove key from ignition switch.

2. Close all doors.

3. Open drivers door

4. Insert key and turn to ON position and within 10 seconds turn key off and remove key.

5. Within 20 seconds Close and open drivers door 3 times.

6. Insert key and turn to ON position and within 10 seconds turn key off and remove key.

7. Locks should now lock and unlock automatically to confirm you have entered programming mode.

8. Press the UNLOCK button on remote and locks should cycle to confirm programming.

9. Repeat step 8 on each additional remote.

10. Exit vehicle with keys and remote, close door test remote(s).

Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=my9ECDSfFeI

Forum link

http://www.suzuki-forums.com/2g-2006-grand-vitara/36206-new-key-programming.html

keyless start transmitter registration procedure

1 Sit in driver's seat. Close all doors and ensure all doors are unlocked.

2 Insert key into ignition lock cylinder (do not turn at this time).

(the next three steps must be done within 25 seconds).

3.Push the manual lock on the driver's door to lock, then unlock three times then to lock position again. (this is the lock button at the inside door release handle NOT the power door lock switch). Lock, unlock, lock, unlock, lock, unlock, lock.

4.Pull the key out of the lock cylinder and back in four times. Out, in, out, in, out, in, out, in. (when you do this, be sure to push the key all the way in and pull the key all the way out; be methodical, not speedy. 25 seconds is a lot of time.

5. Immediately after step four, start the engine. Count three seconds, then turn off the ignition-DO NOT REMOVE THE KEY! At this point, if you have been successful, you will hear two audible "beeps", the door locks will cycle and you are now in programming mode.

6. Push and hold either the lock or unlock button on the remote to be programmed. The locks will again cycle indicating the remote was successfully programmed. Repeat step 6 for all other remotes. Once all remotes are programmed, open and close the door, then test each remote for function.
You may also remove the key at this point.

It is a tricky process to perform. If you don't succeed at first, don't give up-as I said before the process can be difficult to enter, but once you're there they program easily. I hope this helps.

Keys are available here: http://www.autotransponder.com/2008_suzuki_grand_vitara_keys_and_keyless_entry_remotes

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

To ASE master tech: much better answer but I've already found out that I will have to just go to a dealer and have a key made from my vin#, etc.

You gave a lot of info if I had a key or entry to my car and it is a keyed car, not a keyless ignition so that info isn't much help. However, your answer was informative with references, etc. But in the end, it is info I can't utilize. I will just be forced to go to Guayaquil, which is hours away by bus to a dealer.

Thanks for the effort anyway.

Thanks for the BAD service feedback on my answer. You could have relisted or opted me out if you didn't like my answer. Your feedback does not reflect your feelings of the website but they do affect me personally. Apparently you liked my answer and say I was informative. Saying my answer was bad service contridicts what you are saying. I would rather you gave no feedback at all.