Pete, Mechanic
Experience:  15 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

09 sukuki grand vitara grand vitara: i have 2009 grand vitara

i have 2009 grand vitara that leeks water from the sponge rubber seal on the inside of the firewall. the drain hose is claer and apears to work o.k the water leeks into the pasanger well
Category: Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would ask to see if you still need help with this.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

hi pete i did not say it was the air conditoner that is leeking from the sponge rubber seal at back of th firewall,in my first question.

Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Does it do this after it rains or after driving through water at all or is this only when the ac has been used in the vehicle?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

only when the ac is working

Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Is water coming out of the heater box drain and draining outside of the vehicle properly?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

the drain hose is running freely

Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Have you tried to poke through the drain tube to make sure it is flowing properly as it may be draining slowly but not all of the way?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

it was blown out with compresed air by a service macanic and apears to flow freely

Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
One common issue even though the drain is draining some water is this drain can plug up somewhat and when it does it can fill that section of the heater/ac box with water and run out like this onto the floor.

I would take a small tool to poke in the drain tube hole and see if you can free up and allow the water to drain more.In some cases compressed air wont work to free up the drain.Let me know if this worked at all.

I hope this info has helped,if you need anything else let me know before rating my help here,thanks Pete.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

thanks pete..i will give this a try and get back to you with a resalt as soon as i can

Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Your welcome,from what I have located on this vehicle this is the most common issue to cause this here is a restricted drain for the ac on the heater box.In some cases there may be internal damage in the heater box itself or some kind of restriction (a piece of foam may have fallen into the heater box) and is causing this issue as the water would back up in the heater box and leak out where it can.Don't forget to rate my help here.3 to 5 is appreciated,thanks Pete.
Pete, Mechanic
Experience: 15 years automotive training and experience.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

Let me know,